Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Sunday 22 February 2015

Artdeco Perfect Color Lipstick - Review and Swatches


Hello fellow make up addicts! Even though I own plenty of red lipsticks, I am always on the hunt for new formulas and finishes. I have never tried anything from Artdeco before so I decided to give it a try. I got the Perfect Colour lipstick in shade 4. Read on to find out more about my latest discovery!


Product Claims

The Perfect Color Lipstick a nourishing lipstick with high pigmentation and a creamy texture and is ideal for Magic Fix. The supple Perfect Color Lipstick provides an even color coverage, long durability and a silky skin feeling. Additionally Vitamin E protects against moisture loss. The metal sleeve protects the stick from melting when exposed to heat.


What Do I Think?

Let’s talk about the packaging first, which has a black metallic casing, and therefore heavier than the average lipstick. It does not feel cheap at all and has Artdeco written over the cap so I can easily find it among the dozens of similar lipsticks I have lying around my vanity. When I first slide the bullet out, it felt slightly fragile maybe because the bullet is narrower and longer than most. The colour is a gorgeous bright cherry red with my fair neutral skin tone, which looks different in various lighting conditions. It appears more orange in daylight. When I swatched it on my hand, I wasn’t impressed because it felt a bit sheer to my eyes. However, all my regrets disappeared once I applied it to my lips. It does not lack pigmentation and has a wonderfully soft and comfortable formula. There is no scent at all, which is great news for sensitive nosed people like me. The formula is a very natural matte, which does not accentuate dryness. It makes my lips smooth and soft because of the Vitamin E added to it I believe. There is no bleeding or feathering and minimum product transferring. The colour can be build up to the desired intensity very easily, which in my case is only two swipes. The staying power is pretty good as well. It lasted 4-5 hours on my lips, with only the center of my lips disturbed due to eating and drinking. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable matte red lip colour.




Price

PKR 990

Availability

I got mine from Enem store Lahore. Artdeco is widely available at major departmental stores across Pakistan.

Pros

Good pigmentation
Soft and comfortable formula
Contains Vitamin E
Good lasting power
Good packaging
Readily available

Cons

You might find it a bit expensive

My Rating

5/5


Have you tried any of the Artdeco Perfect Colour lipsticks?

Love,
Sadaf

Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

18 comments:

  1. What a pretty shade and lovely packaging, Great review and swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a really pretty shade and the packaging is appropriate for the price too :)

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely shade and nice review. I love these lipsticks. They are so creamy and long-lasting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg the packaging is so chic and the shade is just amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its look super hot on your lips. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful red shade. I think this shade will suit my yellowish complexion. Great review. Don't forget to stop by my blog:)

    themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Normally I don't like orangey reds but it looks beautiful. Atleast on you it does :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this isn't orangey at all! It is a cherry red :) Swatch and see how you feel about it.

      Delete
  7. Lovw the colour :) So pretty and its shade name describe the lipstick perfectly :) nice review :) xx
    annmakeupblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This lipstick is tiny but worth the bucks. Thankx for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did a total 180 degrees after trying this myself :)

      Delete
  9. The shade is SO gorgeous! I'm in love with RED these days & this sounds like a great option to try. x

    ReplyDelete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena