Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Sunday 4 January 2015

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lipsticks – Review & Swatches


Hello ladies! Today’s post is going to be all about one of the most popular drugstore lipsticks these days. Wet n Wild Mega Last lipsticks have been raved about by bbloggers everywhere and we wanted to know what the hype was all about. Plus we instantly fell in love with the shade range, which has some very unique ones and some staple ones every girl should own. Read on as we share our experience!


Product Claims

This 4-hour, longwearing lip colour leaves a semi-matte, crème finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips.


What Do I Think?

The packaging is fragile, lipstick bullet keeps hitting with the cap whenever I use them. I feel this problem will be eliminated once the bullet is used enough that it doesn’t stay out of the tube anymore. WetnWild should give a thought about changing the packaging. I got 6 shades, two in summer and 4 later this winter. All of them have a semi matte crème finish which is neither hydrating nor drying; a good balance for matte lipsticks. They give opaque coverage in single swipe and do not feel heavy or sticky on lips. The bullets have a tendency to get a bit dry when temperatures fall therefore use a lip balm before application; however it’s not needed in summers with these lipsticks. My lips felt a bit dried out after some time when I used them without a balm in winter. They live up to their claims very well especially the lasting power, in this cold season they last on me for more than 4 hours with eating and drinking. I am happy with their performance especially at this price.






In The Flesh: Flesh toned pink/brown (appears pinker on warmer skin tones and browner on neutral/fair skin tones)


Rose Bud: Medium warm pink (A pretty rose pink for everyone)


Wine Room: Warm deep pink (Again a pretty pink for everyone)


Spiked With Rum: Warm brown with pink undertones (reminds me of roasted nuts and winter, a universal lip colour)


Cherry Bomb: Dark Blood Red (Looks great when blotted after application)


24 Carrot Gold: Neutral/Medium Muted Orange (Will suit fair/neutral/medium skin tones)


Mauve Outta Here: Medium mauve shade with slight rosy tones (Will suit fair/neutral/medium skin tones)


Just Peachy: Light warm peach on cool tone skin (looks a bit neon on neutral skin tone)

Cherry Picking: Bright Berry

Price

Approx. $4

Availability

I got mine from Just4girls.pk and Facebook Page Trends N Brands. Wet n Wild is more easily available internationally.

Pros

Super pigmented
Creamy
A wide range of colours
Long lasting
Affordable

Cons

Packaging
Not available in local stores

My Rating

4.5/5

Have you tried any of WetnWild Products? Would you like me try something else from the brand?

Love,
Fizzah and Sadaf

Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

24 comments:

  1. I love these n we have many same shades will try to share my review soon simply love rose bud. In the flesh. Mauve outta here :) nice swatches. I gave away my carrot gold as it was too neonish for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also giving away my Carrot Gold to Sadaf.. Doesn't suit me much..

      Delete
  2. Aaaaaaaaaaaahh! All the colors are beautiful. They're so pigmented. I really need to get some wnw lippies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, i have many but never get chance to review them.
    Lovely swatches <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice swatches :D added rose bud and wine room in my list now :D and i must say there pacakaging is a bit disappointing but again what could we ask from $4 product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are amazing!! I love those shades.. My favourite however is Spiked With Rum :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful shades and lovely swatches. Now i want to have some of this shades as well :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great swatches!! I am adding rose bud and in the flesh to my list! Thanks for an honest review

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are pretty awesome feeling love for <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow lovely shades... Great swatches like always... Ahhh I wonder why rose bud appears different on me and feels drying too. I need to get spiked with rum and mauve outta here :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of these shades! Your lip swatches are awesome! ^^ x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mauve outta here has the best swatch on lips! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. WnW Mega Last Lipsticks are a must buy. Rosebud has been my most worn lipstick lately. Love your swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have fair skin with warm undertones and 25 Carrot Gold looks great on me as an obviously *warm* color not neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have fair skin with warm undertones and 25 Carrot Gold looks great on me as an obviously *warm* color not neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really really love these lipsticks! :*

    Love XoxoX
    http://www.walkinvogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spiked with rum and Mauve outta here are in my to-get-ASAP list now ;) . Beautiful picks

    ReplyDelete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena