Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Palmer’s Olive Oil Formula Conditioning Spray Oil - Review


Hola ladies! I have thin somewhat frizzy hair which become difficult to handle at times and are prone to breakage when tangled. Did this product work for my hair?

Product Claims

Natural extra virgin olive oil is loaded with Vitamins A, B and E and anti-oxidants to surround each hair strand with protection from damaging free radicals. Instantly restores moisture to dry hair. Excellent for braids to keep them soft and shiny.



How To Use

Use on clean dry hair. Pump a drop or two into palm. Apply lightly to scalp and hair as needed.



What Do We Think?

Fizzah: The product comes in a clear plastic bottle with a pump dispenser which protects the product from running into the cap and out even if it’s placed horizontally for hours. Press the pump once and that’s all what you need to cover your whole hair in a single use unless you have very long and thick hair. Most of us would remember Livon hair oil from our teenage; unlike that product, this oil is thinner in consistency only slightly thicker than water and indistinctly yellow/green in colour with a pleasant faint odour. Running your hands and fingers through the hair with the product until it’s all gone from your palms spreads it evenly without wanting more and weighing the locks down, applying more causes hair to become oily and weighs them down from scalp. My thin hair are prone to damage and breakage if tangled when I comb/brush through them. I use the oil when my hair are completely dry and most of the tangles are gone while applying it hence less breakage during combing/brushing. My tresses are naturally soft but the oil makes them super soft and shiny, and since I rarely use heat styling wands I have not tested the product in that case but I am quite sure it’ll help protect the hair against heat too. I have been using this oil for over a year now and have only used approximately 20mL of the 150mL bottle.


Uncombed hair in both the pictures

Sadaf: I apply it on wet hair, comb them with great ease and blow dry it. My hair does not feel damaged from the heat and it feels very soft, frizz free and easy to style. 

Do not apply it to your scalp or roots because they will instantly look oily and may cause dandruff in the run long.

What we like most about Palmer’s products is that they are all Parabens and Sulfates free.

Price

PKR 490 for 150mL (5.01 oz)

Availability

Swera Departmental Store or Raheem store in Lahore. You may find Palmer’s products in all major departmental stores. Online from Just4girls.pk

Pros

Free from Parabens and Sulfates
Pleasant odour
Light-weight
Thin consistency
Softens hair and detangles them
Spray bottle for easy application

Cons

Not available in all stores (and limited products are available)

Our Rating

4.5/5

What product(s) do you use for detangling and keeping hair soft and manageable?

Love,
Fizzah and Sadaf


Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

17 comments:

  1. your hair look so soft ^_^ I think this spray weighs hair down esp thin hair.what do you say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually no. A very tiny amount is required for the whole hair.. The quantity shown in my palm comes out when the pump is pressed once. That's all I apply to my hair. If you use too much it'll weigh them down eventually but using the right amount actually gives them body, bounce, shine and softness

      Delete
  2. This looks promising! Will buy it once I finish my current hair serum.
    Thanks for the review dear :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to apply oils :) And i apply them alot and thats the only reason my hairs are healthy MashaAllah and I must say this oil impressed me and I love your detailed review :)
    annmakeupblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks promising! Thanks for the review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the coconut oil formula. This stuff is great. Makes the hair feel healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and it's bad that many of their amazing products aren't available in Pakistan

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the detailed review. I was searching for a good hair oil or spray and this sounds perfect. Need to try this now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds promising and thanks for sharing dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olive oil is my bae these days but I haven't tried Palmer's. The results on your hair are amazing! :) xx

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice suggestion... but Palmers as a brand never suited me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really? All their products have worked better than any brand I tried personally. I have tried all their shampoos, coconut conditioner, two body lotions, lip balms and this spray oil.

      Delete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena