Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Sunday 18 January 2015

New Year's First Drugstore Haul


Hello fellow make up hoarders! Today I am sharing my first haul of the year with some essential and some spur of the moment shopping for lip products and brushes. I had plans to go to Enem Store in Liberty Market Lahore to pick up some make up brushes missing from my tool kit and ended up getting some more goodies!



I already have the DMGM blending brush and although I have not collected enough information to write a detailed review on it, I am super happy with its performance. So, I decided to try out some more basic brushes from this brand. I got the flat foundation brush (PKR 895) and the large powder brush from DMGM (PKR 1150). They have not disappointed me yet but I will write complete reviews once I have tested them to my satisfaction.


I have always been attracted to Bourjois products but I haven’t had a chance to try them before. I read good stuff about the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet (PKR 1350) lip colours so I bought 06 Pink Pong, which has a matte finish. It is a vibrant deep fuschia shade and has one of the most comfortable formulas I have ever applied.


I also purchased the Bourjois Effect 3D Max 8H Long Lasting lip gloss (PKR 1450) in No. 13 Orange fruity, which is a delicate shimmery coral.


Staying true to my lipstick obsession, I grabbed two from the Rimmel stand. One of them is the Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick by Kate Moss No. 110 (red case) (PKR 875) and the other is No. 05 (black case) (PKR 875). No. 110 is an intense orange-y coral and No. 05 is a lovely everyday rosy pink.


Artdeco is one of those brands I often see in stores but never feel tempted enough to try. This time I picked up Artdeco Perfect Colour lipstick in No.4 (PKR 990), which a gorgeous matte cherry red shade that reveals its true beauty when applied to the lips I have learned.


Lastly, I was in dire need of a good large eye shadow brush and Colour Studio Professional has just launched their makeup brushes. So, I proceeded to grab their Flat Shader Eye shadow brush (PKR 350), which has been performing well so far.

I hope you guys enjoyed this haul post. Stay tuned for some exciting reviews coming soon!

Love,
Sadaf

Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

29 comments:

  1. Yummy haul... I have bourjois rouge velvet lip colors on my wishlist.. Wanna try that soon. Love Artdeco lipsticks... Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah yiu should totally get one of those! What shades do you have from the Artdeco range? Do they all perform equally well?

      Delete
  2. Nice haul :) the lipstick shade looks really hot. ;)
    ๑ Divine Smudge ๑

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D Yeah the minute I tried it on, I texted Fizzah and said:"You need to get one of these!"

      Delete
  3. Great Haul! I don't know why but drugstore hauls are much more fun to see! I recently got Nude-ist from the Bourjois Velvet lip colors and it's amazing! Pink Pong called out to me so much but I behaved and only got one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? :) Oh all of them were lovely but I wanted to pick a shade missing from my collection :)

      Delete
  4. You picked some yummy products. Review the brushes soon. Pretty please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we will be reviewing them very soon. Just want to test them properly first :)

      Delete
  5. The Rimmel Lipsticks!! <3 I would love to hear your thoughts on the CSP brush! :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the CSP one is for 350 PKR only so for that I think you won't be wasting money because it feels pretty good so far. Detailed review will come later. This is just for you Jadirah :)

      Delete
    2. Aww, thanks! ^_^ I am really intrigued by them mainly due to the pricing! But I don't want to waste even a single rupee on something that will shed like crazy. I use liquid foundations so it is so annoying to have itchy brush hair stuck in smeared foundation on the skin! :P

      Delete
    3. Yes I have combination skin and I use liquid foundation too. I have used the MUA flat foundation brush and it has worked pretty well for me. This DMGM one feels better than that because of the shape and density. This CSP flat shader eyeshadow brush has pretty firm bristles and picks up eye shadows really well. If that was your concern :)

      Delete
  6. Nice haul You got urself quite alot of lip products. I personally like Art Deco a lot. Their mineral powder is love but for some unknown reason i find art deco a bit expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! One can never have enough lip products :D Oh I have never tired their mineral powder but I do find them a tad expensive as compared to other popular drugstore brands. After getting this lipstick I think I understand the reason :)

      Delete
  7. Great haul dear. Many times i tried to pick Art Deco but just passed it, i think i am gonna decide after your review :P CSP brushes look great.
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie:) It means a lot that you guys place your trust in our reviews! Yeah One is from CSP, the others are from DMGM. I now feel Artdeco is quite underrated :) I will make the Artdeco review my priority for you now :D

      Delete
  8. Looking fwd to the reviews and buying the one of the Bourjois Rouge Edition lippies! Lovely haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Do show us which one you got! Yes we are lining up the reviews. We have go loads in the pipeline :)

      Delete
  9. wow nice haul.kate lipstick is very nice.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a wonderful haul :). I seriously need some more makeup brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes I too have felt the absence of a few essentials ones

      Delete
  11. Love your picks :) Waiting for your review on these products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna :) Reviews will be here soon Insha Allah! Lots of good stuff coming your way :)

      Delete
  12. great picks sweetie please do review on borjouis rouge edition velvet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sorath :) Yes we have shifted the schedule so all the ones you guys requested from here are the top now. Stay tuned :)

      Delete
  13. Great haul. The Bourjois lip velvets and Rimmel Kate moss lipsticks are on my wishlist. Let's see when I'll buy them. The Artdeco lipstick looks very pretty though.

    themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena