Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Monday 10 November 2014

Makeup Revolution Vivid Blush Lacquers – Review and Swatches


Hello ladies! So I am pretty late on this one as many of the bloggers have already reviewed these but better late than never so let’s begin. 

Product Claims

Ultra intensive liquid blush for intense pop of colour and easy to blend.


What Do I Think?

When I had these babies in my hands I couldn’t help but think “These are so darn cute!” Each bottle is the size of an adult palm and comes with a pump dispenser which, in my opinion is just the right packaging for a liquid product. The cap secures the product nice and tight so can be easily tossed inside the purse.






The pump needs to be pressed a few times for the first time to dispense the product but don’t be hasty otherwise you might end up with excess product on your hand. I got three shades, Bloom, Desire and Heat. These are matt, very creamy, extremely pigmented and blend easily. I tested these without any primer, foundation, setting powder or powder blusher underneath and they stayed for good 3 hours and faded within 4 to 5 hours leaving behind a healthy glow. The staying duration will definitely increase if a primer or a powder blusher is worn underneath these. Once blended, they set quickly and do not move. Here is the proof: After swatching these I rubbed my arm vigorously under water but the product didn’t budge, washing it with soap and water also did not remove it completely, this talks a lot about their being water-resistant. I feel these will also perform well in warm humid weather.

This was my first time trying out a liquid blush; I have never used any cream blusher either mainly because I prefer such products to be in powder finish for myself as they are, in my opinion, easy to work with. I had to mention this because I, not being into liquid blushes, made a mistake, yes, a grave mistake. I have read people saying that liquid blushes, including MUR Blush Lacquers, can be easily blended with fingers and that is their plus point, I agree. But for some like I, who is new to liquid blushes and does not know the correct application technique can end up with a “slapped” face in the attempt to use fingers to blend the product (especially with darker blush shades) and I actually almost hated these babies for my blunder. I am really sorry for that my babies! The best way to apply this product would be either to use a beauty blender, a brush for cream products (I have neither) or a regular flat foundation brush. I used my MUA F1 Foundation brush to blend it which gave my skin a healthy glow (very little goes a long way). Moreover, I noticed that using fingers for blending ended up with most of the product on fingers rather than the face; that’s right, I learnt my lesson.


Bloom: Natural leaning towards peach (looks more natural on warm skin)
Desire: Somewhere between a neutral and warm pink (I feel it looks warm on my skin)
Heat: Deep Peach (will flatter warm and dark skin ladies a lot)

Price PKR 600 (£3.00)

Availability Just4girls.pk

Pros
Extremely pigmented
Creamy
Travel-friendly packaging
Great staying power
Set quickly
Colour choices for almost every skin tone

Cons
Not available in stores in Pakistan

My Rating 4/5

Have you tried this product? What do you think?

Love,
Fizzah



Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

30 comments:

  1. Oh please don't tempt me moreeee... Love the swatches and the shades... Thanks for the honest review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desire is my kinda shade :) Nice review!
    wajihaslifediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review ^_^ will definately try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloom is a very pretty shade. I hope it shows up on medium skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have medium skin tone and yes it does show up and looks very natural :)

      Delete
  5. I don't really like powder blushes because I feel like they give a sort of unnatural look. I'd love to try these out. Nice review :D

    FatimasBeautyBag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how Bloom looks so natural on my medium skin.

      Delete
  6. I love cream blushes and these sound perfect!! xx

    ♥ Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we both use them every day and love them more and more :)

      Delete
  7. Desire is SO pretty! I really like how cute these tiny blush bottles are! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review and beautiful swatches, love all the colors :)
    Glamupgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What little experience I had with cream blushes taught me that stippling motion works best.....
    Heat is a gorgeous shade,,xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I too want to try a stippling brush with these. Just waiting to get my hands on a good one.

      Delete
  10. That was an honest review! appreciate it ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heat and desire both are beautiful shades. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes desire is such a natural pink on those no make up look days and heat is just such an awesome deep peachy neutral :)

      Delete
  12. I am into liquid or cream blushes but experimenting has no limit so may be i'll try few esp HEAT has caught my eyes and heart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right. I am wearing these daily ever since I bought them :) Love them. I wonder now why I never thought of using a cream blusher before :D

      Delete
  13. i dont like using liquid blushes for the same reasons u mentioned ... its requires effort in blending ... but the shade desire is really gorgeous and tempting me to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can relate but try your foundation brush with a liquid blush if you dont have any separate brush for liquid products, they give more natural look than powder blushes, that's what I have come to conclude after using it the right way.. Moreover using really small quantity would work..

      Delete
  14. loveee the swatches .. awesome post
    Makeupoholics

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the swatches, looks so good. No I haven't tried these, yet. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx bunches for dropping by my place and leaving such a nice comment. Following back on GFC Please keep in touch. xoxo

      Delete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena