Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Friday 14 November 2014

Luscious Studio Secret Instant Brightening Concealer - Review

Hello beautiful people! Today’s review features the “Luscious Studio Secret Concealer” which was part of our latest haul and you guys wanted to know how it turned out for us. Fizzah has been using this for quite some time and recommended it to me but I wasn’t convinced because of the price tag. Read on to find out if I felt it was worth the price.



Product claims

The secret to picture-perfect complexion. Formulated to effectively cover and brighten under-eye circles, erase spots and even out skin. Provides smooth, long-lasting, invisible coverage for a professionally air-brushed finish.

What do I think?

The product comes in a black pen form which dispenses product when you twist it from the bottom. That is a great plus because it is hygienic, makes it easy to apply and does not result in product wastage. The pen holds 2.3mL of product. The texture is in between liquid and cream and does not feel cheap at all. The coverage is really good; I have noticed only a small amount of the product is enough, no need to layer it up to achieve the perfect coverage. You may like to work it out with your ring finger but I have always noticed that a brush works best to flawlessly blend the concealer. 


It tends to set quickly so you need to work fast with it especially in colder weather. It blends pretty well too and does not feel heavy once applied on my combination skin type. It neither settled into fine lines nor caused any grey-ing of the under eye area and did really well in covering as well as brightening the eye area. I am really impressed by its staying power; it lasted pretty long on me over foundation without setting powder around 8 hours in fall weather. I got the lightest shade “Number 1”, which is perfect for my neutral tone. The surprising part was that there were no shades below this to cater to cool toned people. Overall, this concealer works great but a bit overpriced in my opinion.

Price PKR 925 (old price) PKR 1125 (new price) (I got it on the older price since the new stock had not arrived yet on the store)

Availability Major departmental stores across Pakistan or online from Luscious Cosmetics and Just4girls.

Pros
Good coverage
Not drying
Does not accentuate fine lines
Brightening
Great lasting power
Good packaging

Cons
A bit overpriced
No shades available for cool skin tones
Some people may feel it sets too quickly for proper blending

My Rating 4/5

What do you look for in a concealer? Have you tried this one?

Love,
Sadaf and Fizzah

Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

27 comments:

  1. The coverage looks pretty decent.. I might give it a try too. Great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I have been struggling to get hold of Luscious's new releases though! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks promising! I really like how it brightens the under eye area! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's the first time Sadaf is using it, I have been using it for like three four years now. And it's the only right now which satisfies me - Fizzah

      Delete
  4. Seems like a good one for summers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8 hours without setting powder?! If it really works that way it's not over priced at all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the newer stock of this concealer is sold on PKR 1125 and we both bought it for PKR 925 which is actually higher the older price PKR 750. Luscious have increased their prices on everything over the past few years but the concealer price has gone up more than anything else. It performed equally good with 750 price tag (I have used the one which I bought at 750), therefore 925 or 1125 for that reason seems pricey to us. :) - Fizzah

      Delete
  6. This product does look good but currently using essence stay natural concealer that is a lot cheaper and i am loving it :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Essence one is good too. I have used MUA, Essence and Luscious one at the same time and this one I found the best among the three. I felt Essence Stay Natural Concealer didn't give me the kind of coverage I wanted, Luscious one gave me that - Fizzah

      Delete
  7. Love the way it brightens under eye area :) A bit overpriced though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I believe this price range would be more suitable if it included an extra illuminating highlighting factor

      Delete
  8. love your blog .. n your pics and awesome post .. keep it up dear <3
    Makeupoholics

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this one sounds like worth trying.Great review honey.
    PS:you are somewhere between nc25 n 20 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes it is a very reliable product :) I have not found the perfect match for myself yet but that sounds about right.

      Delete
  10. u can try LA girl pro conceal works well with cool tone :) this looks like a great product


    Shumaila Jaffer
    Beauty Redefined

    ReplyDelete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena