Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Friday 19 September 2014

Essence XXXL Long lasting Lip Gloss Matt Effect Review and Swatches

Today under the spotlight is the very new Essence XXXL Long lasting Lip Gloss Matt Effect - 06 Soft Nude.



Product Claims

It is a longlasting, silky lipcream for a soft matt finish.






What Do I Think?

Let’s begin with packaging, shall we? The product comes in a sleek clear tube with a somewhat flat applicator which is very convenient to apply this product. I have this habit of smelling lip products J and this one smells caramel and vanilla which I love, the scent disappears once the product is applied. It has a creamy texture and consistency and applies more like a lip cream than a gloss, which I really like. The shade is a flesh-toned one; since my lips are a bit pigmented (I have medium complexion with yellow undertones) I shy off from wearing nude colours as they wash off my lips, but to my surprise this one does not. It is a my-lips-but-better shade on me and will really complement smoky eyes. This shade will suit light to medium skin tones.

It makes the lines visible to some extent once it becomes matte but it does not feel dry at all, it keeps the lips soft. However, you might not like the matte effect if you have chipped lips, I’d suggest people with dry lips to use lip balm underneath this gloss. Wear time is 3 hours max with eating and drinking after that I felt the need of reapplication. I like to reply this after removing the previous layer of product because after about 4 hours it started fading and left a dry line (which is not unusual with many lip products). Overall, I am impressed by their formula, which is matte and moisturizing at the same time.

Price

PKR 495

Availability

Anywhere where essence is sold and just4girls.pk

Pros

Creamy texture
Matte finish
Affordable price
Does not dry the lips upto 3 hours
Fairly good wear time

Cons

Strong scent
Drying out your lips

My Rating

3.5/5

Have you tried out any of these lipglosses yet?

Please do comment below and let me know your views on this product.

Thank you for reading this post.

Love,

Fizzah

Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. That's a lovely nude shade.. Nicely reviewed... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a nice shade would love to try
    hey i just started following ur blog via google plus would be very happy if you follow back to
    http://beautyanddewdrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  3. I like this query i was stuck in a problem but this query help me a lot. thank thanks


    Long Lasting Lip Liner

    ReplyDelete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena