Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Wednesday 24 September 2014

A Berry-licious Essence Review!

Essence Home Sweet Home “Knits for chicks” blush & “Berry me home” long lasting lipstick


Hi lovelies! I hope you are all excited about the changing weather leading towards fall/winter because today I will be reviewing two products from a winter themed range. Who doesn’t love to add plumy berry shades to their makeup looks at this time of year?

Essence Home Sweet Home “Berry Me Home” Long Lasting Lipstick





Product Claims

A long lasting lipstick.

Essence Berry Me Home (L-R: Residual stain, single swipe) (Indoors)
Essence Berry Me Home (daylight)

What Do I Think?

The first thing I noticed was the packaging which was disappointingly like that of their regular lipsticks. It feels cheap and breakable and the only good thing about it is that it is the same shade as the lip colour, making it easier to identify. On opening the cap, I was hit with a powerful sweet berry scent which unfortunately doesn’t seem to fade much overtime. It’s not altogether unpleasant but is not for someone who isn’t a fan of scented lip products. Coming to the colour, it’s a really pretty bright berry pink which isn’t too deep if you tend to shy away from deeper shades. It is highly pigmented and the application is smooth and soft with a cream finish although the texture feels a bit waxy for some reason. So, it doesn’t feel that weightless on the lips and cannot be applied without a lip brush.  A plus point is that it’s not drying at all. The wear time is around 4 hours and it leaves quite a stain behind which isn’t that easy to remove. It bleeds a little so a clear lip pencil would be a great help. I personally think a deeper berry shade lip pencil underneath it will not only make it last longer but also give a deeper tone to it to create the perfect fall/winter lips. I have neutral skin that leans towards warmer tones. Overall, it’s not too bright or too deep so I feel it would look good on most skin tones.

Price

PKR 370 (For 4g)

Availability

just4girls.pk

Pros

Affordable
Smooth application
Very pigmented
Longer wear time
Non-drying formula

Cons

Strong lingering scent
Cheap packaging
Slightly waxy texture

My Rating 

3/5

Essence Home Sweet Home “Knits For Chicks” Blush



Product Claims

Silky soft blush for a natural and fresh looking complexion.

L-R: Background shade. Strip shade (two swipes, indoors)
L-R: Background (baby pink), strip (berry), both blended (indoors)
Both shades blended together (daylight)
Both shades blended together (daylight)

What Do I Think?

For starters, it is so cute to look at because of its knitted pattern in the two light pink and berry shades. The packaging is not too flimsy either. I agree with the silky part because the texture is quite fine and smooth to touch so the application is easy and it’s not hard to blend either. It is not particularly long lasting especially in hot humid climates and touch ups are definitely needed. Both colours contain micro shimmer particles that look multi coloured to me. The good thing is that it translates into a healthy sheen on my cheeks if I don’t go overboard with it. It’s especially flattering during night time events under artificial lights. It’s great that I have two colours to choose from and can adjust the depth of the blush by the shade ratio I use. The design is not only pretty to look at but serves to nicely separate them. The individual colours are clearly visible on the first swipe. The background is a delicate baby pink with a strip of a gorgeous deep berry shade. Blended together, they create a lovely medium berry pink with light shimmer that would compliment a number of different skin tones and makeup looks particularly for this season.

Price

PKR 430 (For 8g)

Availability

just4girls.pk

Pros

Smooth silky texture
Easy to blend
Nicely pigmented
Affordable
Good quantity for the price
Cute packaging

Cons

Not for people who prefer non-shimmery blushes

My Rating

4/5

What are your favourite fall/winter shades?

Let me know in the comments below what you ladies think.

Thank you for stopping by.

Love,

Sadaf

Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

12 comments:

  1. That lipstick shade is lovely... I have the blush and totally love it... Nice review.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the berry lipstick shades. I did swatch it and liked it very much. Too bad it is gone now :-(
    The blush sure is lovely! Thanks for a detailed review ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope to review another berryish shade by Essence that you might like.

      Delete
  3. wow! I just love these blushes.. Welcome girl <3
    following you now xx

    www.monamalick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blusher is definitely my favourite too out of the two! :) xx

    Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blush..all pink hues create a subtle color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love how I can change the intensity to suit my tone :)

      Delete
  6. Woah that lip color! It looks so fresh on you! I had eyed that blush with the intensity of a hawk eyeing its prey but I never got it! I might just have to pick it up if I find it now!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yes I can understand. I went crazy over it when it first came out :D Thank you the lip colour actually looks deeper in person :) It's a pity Essence comes out with so many limited editions and they never reach our local stores :(

      Delete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena