Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks - Review and Swatches


Hey girls! Today I am going to be showing you my collection of Rimmel Kate Moss lasting finish lipsticks, three of which are from their matte collection and one from their regular line. I have had them for quite a while so I have tested them well enough to pen down my thoughts on them.

I have recently discovered that Rimmel is not a cruelty free brand since they started selling in China and animal testing is required there by the law. I personally never recommend such brands even though they are very popular among girls here like Revlon, CoverGirl, L’Oreal, Maybelline, NYC, Almay and Bourjois too unfortunately I just found out. However, this is just my personal opinion and what you buy is your choice.


Product Claims

Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipsticks
Be Iconic - Make the Ordinary Extraordinary Sumptuously Rich Matte Colour with a sublime comfort. Ruby Powder enriched formula. Intense velvet colour all day!

Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks
The 1st Lipstick collection created by Kate Moss High intensity colour for up to 8 hours. Formula infused with Black Diamonds, reflects light like never before. Captures all the flair, edge and timelessness of Kate’s unique look.


What Do I Think?

Packaging is quite important to me because I always keep lipsticks in my purse for touch-ups. The plastic does not feel cheap and the cap clicks in place securely. The slanted top with the logo on top makes it easier to spot for me. In my opinion a good lipstick should be pigmented, less prone to transferring, long lasting and comfortable to wear. Rimmel Kate Moss lasting finish lipsticks get an A grade in all these departments.

The matte ones (107, 110 and 111) remain intact on my lips even after 7-8 hours in all kinds of weather. If I have an oily meal only then does the product fade from the very center of my bottom lip. The regular shade is 05 and is predictably easier to budge after a meal but its lasting power is still pretty decent around 5-6 hours although it does transfer a bit more than the mattes. The formula of all the shades glides on easily and does not bleed which is essential to me. I don’t feel the need to use a lip liner underneath and they all go perfectly opaque in one swipe. The face swatches are the most accurate I feel.


Shade 05
This is what I would call the “good girl pink”. You know the one we grab every time we want people to think we are mature and sensible for example, in front of professionals, in-laws and "4pm guests". It has a nice amount of warmth to it so it won’t wash you want unless you fall in the chocolate or ebony category. It has a cream finish with a gentle shine.


Shade 107
This is a deep matte Marsala which is quite red but I feel this is more appropriate for evening looks although I have worn it during the day. It is universally flattering but not for the faint of heart.


Shade 110
This is an intense in-your-face coral with more orange than pink. It is very bright and spring-y. It looks beautiful on cool tones and even neutral skin tone but I am not sure how it would appear on warm toned ladies. It is best to swatch such colours before you buy them.


Shade 111 - Kiss of Life
This is the only shade with a proper name and I have been drooling over its online swatches for years. Kiss of Life is a stunning neutral red so coupled with its matte finish, it is a dream come true.


There are not that many shades in the matte range but there are a lot of choices in the regular collection to suit a wide range of skin tones. I know most women think a lipstick should not cost more than PKR 100 but I prefer not to have lead in my lipsticks so I think these offer a good bargain given the quality.

Price

PKR 799 for 4.0g

Availability

You may buy this from your local Rimmel kiosk in all major cities

Pros

Great pigmentation
Lasts quite well
Creamy formula
Sturdy packaging
Affordable
Easily available

Cons

Test on animals when required by law as they sell in China as well.

My Rating

4/5

Have you got any of the shades from the Rimmel Kate Moss collection?

Love,
Sadaf


Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

36 comments:

  1. I dont have any rimmel product imma new bee around trynna gather reviews 🙈 although they look and sound great and all of them suit you much much 😍😍😍
    Grea review👌👌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did the same when I was new to makeup. Research is important :) Thank you so much

      Delete
  2. Sadaf is looking super cute Masha Allah! I love shade 05 and 110

    Love XoxoX
    http://www.walkinvogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All shades are awesome especially 05 and 107. I loved your detailed review and Kate Moss lipsticks are very much hyped in the beauty blogosphere and I think all the praise is justified.

    Chaste & Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely collection of kate lipsticks, all colors & swatches are beautiful, my personal favorite is the nude lipstick from this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! You look so pretty in all the colors. Will be getting a few shadee feon this collection soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry :) Would love to see what you pick

      Delete
  6. Such pretty shades. And all the shades look so good on you Sadaf. Gonna get few of these. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 16 & 105, love them both! 5 looks soooo beautiful and neutral kinda pink. Will be getting that next ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try these lipsticks but I guess that they are not yet available in India :-(
    nice review and swatches dear....

    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are a UK brand so you can get them from there or if you know someone in Pakistan :)

      Delete
  9. I have one in shade 102 and idk.. It's chalky.. Not the perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love there finish every color is eye catching.....
    dear following you on GFC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful swatches and beautiful you. I am owning only one lipstick from the matte range in shade 110. I absolutely love it. You should try that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madeeha :) Yes I have swatched 110 above

      Delete
  12. These lipsticks sound great. All the shades are lovely but i love 05 and 110. Lovely swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow..al shades are amazing..love the shade 111.. it looks so gorgeous.
    nice post
    xoxo
    Diaries of a hidden Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love kate moss lipsticks. Have 2 of them and they're totally worth every buck. The shades u picked look gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Rimmel Lipsticks, but never got chance to try Kate moss range.
    Nice review, all shades are super lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. These lipsticks are so worth it. The other day my sis and I were discussing that there are hardly any products that Rimmel disappoints in. Love your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice Lipstick Collection Great review

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice Lipstick Collection Great review

    ReplyDelete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena