Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Sunday 14 June 2015

Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit in Medium-Review & Swatches



Hey people-obsessed-with-makeup-like-me! When I first entered the magnificent world of cosmetics, I tried to collect all the basics and found that I was short of a suitable contouring shade. Most bronzers these days are not matte or too orange-y and unflattering for this purpose. Most contouring kits I came across seemed too expensive or didn’t have a shade that matched my complexion. So, you can imagine my frustration and utter agony. 

Finally, I decided to try the Sleek Contour Kit in Medium, although I felt the quantity could have been more and I really didn’t need a highlighter. Once I used it, all my doubts and regrets literally went poof! Read on to find out how this product won my heart!

Product Claims

This iconic duo compact is an essential tool for achieving a beautifully sculpted and defined appearance. It includes a silky, matte, easy to blend contour powder and an illuminating highlighter for a natural glow. They can be used together or individually.


What Do I Think?

Those of you, who are familiar with Sleek Makeup, will recognize the characteristic matte black packaging. It is very sturdy, another reason why I am a Sleek fan. Most of their face products come with a built in mirror, which is well sized and pocket friendly in this case. The contour pan is larger than the highlight one and together they hold 10g of pressed powder product.

The contour is shade is a medium neutral matte brown that is a pleasure to swatch. The light beige shimmery highlight formula is similarly dreamy and glides on effortlessly. It lends a beautiful natural glow as the shimmer is not visible on the skin unless you look closely. Both are extremely pigmented so a little goes a long way. The blending power is superb, which is imperative for face sculpting formulas.

I have tested the staying power of this contour kit in warm and cool seasons, with and without fixing spray, and I must say I am impressed. On my combination skin during pleasant weather, it lasted for a good 8-9 hours without fading in the absence of a setting product. In the hot Pakistani summers, it looked fine even after 6-7 hours with my Stageline makeup fixing spray.      

The Sleek Makeup Contouring Kit comes in three shades and I picked “Medium”. In my opinion, this will suit fair skinned ladies with cool, neutral or warm toned skin. Pale ladies should opt for “Light” while medium to dark ones should choose “Dark”.

Overall, I think this is the most affordable contour kit in the market with this level of quality. You definitely get your money’s worth and not regret buying it. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a budget friendly contour kit that gives great results.





Price

PKR 995

Availability


Pros

Smooth texture
Dreamy blending
Great quality formula
High pigmentation
Superb lasting power
Sturdy travel friendly packaging
Comes with a pocket sized mirror
Good shade selection for various skin tones

Cons

None

My Rating

5/5

Have you tried any of the Sleek contouring/ highlighting products?

Love,
Sadaf

Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

31 comments:

  1. Wow I have added this on my wishlist. The highlighter is soooo gorgeous and you look beautiful Sadaf <3 Love the before and after pic. Contouring and highlighting does make a huge difference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it gives the most natural highlight ever! Thank you my love :* Waiting for your review now :D

      Delete
  2. Firstly great review and writing style. Secondly you are gorgeous. And thirdly thank you for doing this review. We needed something affordable and good. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments :) We try our best

      Delete
  3. Hey gorgeous, loved the review and love Sleek Contour Kit too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon :* We will have to sneak into your vanity to actually see you use it I think :D Which shade do you have?

      Delete
  4. When i was pakistan i couldnt grab this. But i want to give it a try. The dark version. Lovely review <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try :) Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

      Delete
  5. It seems to be a lovely product... nice review

    ReplyDelete
  6. This face contour looks amazing and affordable. 2 in 1 products, contour and highlighter are always wise to invest in. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really nice and useful) I think it would be too much for my pale skin, but I lvoe such products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) You can try the "Light" shade. I believe it is pale skin tones

      Delete
  8. Great Review Dear ...Sleek Ohhh I just love this brand. I love this couture kit and will try it for sure. Nice pictures by the way. Thank you for such nice review.

    fashionblitzpakistan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is definitely visible difference in before and after pics. Lovely review and swatches :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking about getting this for the longest time. You look beautiful! What lip color are you wearing? It's lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JayBee :) It's Essence long lasting lipstick in "Coral Calling"

      Delete
  11. You look so beautiful Mash'Allah!! I have it on my wishlist since so long! Amazing review! x

    http://ohmymascara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Sleek products. I have not tried this product but I enjoyed reading your thoughts on it.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed. They have really good quality at affordable prices :)

      Delete
  13. A must have product by the way you are looking pretty <3.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sleek contour kits are always suggested to beginners and people on a budget, sadly I never got around getting one since it isn't easy to get hold of. I'd still like to try it out but for now I am pretty happy with Rimmel Tuscany! :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried any Rimmel blushes but I am sooo curious :D You can get it from Beautified.pk on retail hon :)

      Delete
  15. u r looking gorgeous n i was looking for a budget friendly contour kit in powder ur review is very helpful thanks ur a beauty dua pyar honey

    ReplyDelete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena