Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Monday 2 February 2015

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong - Review & FOTD


Hey gals! I just love the new lip colour formulas available these days particularly liquid lipsticks that dry matte. I have never tried something from Bourjois before but when I saw the exact shade I was searching for in their Rouge Edition Velvet range, I just knew I had to have it! It’s called Pink Pong and the name fits this pretty shade quite well.


Product Claims

Exclusive formula: Matte finish and incredibly light. Rouge Edition Velvet by Bourjois is the new era of lipsticks. An amazing, irresistible formula. Its soft, melting texture glides on to the lips and turns into a matt, velvety and incredibly light colour. Lips are left smooth and soft as velvet. Enriched with evanescent oils, it’s incredibly sensuous formula provides a soft, second-skin feel, without drying or fading lips.


What Do I Think?

The packaging is travel friendly and the top clicks nicely to avoid spilling or leaking. It is the exact same shade as the product so that makes it easy to find in my make up stash. Pink Pong is hard to describe and I am sure it will look different on everyone. On my fair neutral skin it appears to be a bright pink with a hint of purple and berry. I feel like this is one of those universal shades that will flatter everyone and brighten up your face. The consistency is thin but it not runny or troublesome with awesome pigmentation. The doe foot applicator does its job well but you may use a lip brush for neater application. The product has a sweet appealing scent, which is not overpowering and fades once it sets to matte properly in hardly 10-15 seconds. It did not accentuate any dry patches on my lips but I always exfoliate them before using a matte lip colour so I would suggest you do the same. I can safely say that I have never tried a formula as comfortable as this before. It feels as light as air and paints my lips in the most natural manner possible. A great plus for clumsy ladies like me is that I can layer it as much as I want without making a mess. I would recommend a lip liner especially if you do not have a steady hand with a colour as bold as this. There is hardly any transfer as it stays put once it sets. Even after I used make up remover to wipe the swatch off, I could clearly see the stain left behind. Perhaps the best thing about Pink Ping is its staying power. I kept it on my lips for 5-6 hours during which I had a meal. The colour still looked fresh after all that time and the only indication of my meal was a bit of product removed from the centre of my lips, even then the stain made this flaw hard to detect. I am really impressed with this product even the slightly heavy price tag because it has so many benefits and a little goes a long way.



This colour deserved a FOTD!


Price

PKR 1350

Availability

I got this from Enem store Lahore. You may easily find it in major departmental stores across Pakistan having Bourjois kiosk

Pros

Comfortable formula
Great lasting power
Good packaging
Excellent pigmentation

Cons

You might find it expensive   
You might not like the scent

My Rating

5/5

What are your favourite liquid lipsticks this season? Let me know in the comments below and I might try those out too!

Love,
Sadaf


Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

31 comments:

  1. If there is anything prettier than the color of this lippie, it's you wearing it

    *makeup pickup line done right* :D
    I have fallen in love with its formulation! Can't wait to have some more of this. Definitely this shade too :D Lovely you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww Bia! No one does it better than you :) Thank you! Yes it is too good to be true! xoxox Would love to see which ones you have :D

      Delete
  2. Oh my my such a pretty lady u r... n this shade us highly complimenting u... rather u made this shade look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MashaALLAH you look absolutely gorgeous... Lovely shade,very nice and detail review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look very very very pretty. The color compliments you really well <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks gorgeous on you! I'm a huge fan of liquid lip products that dry to a matte finish so will definitely pick one from this range! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zubia :) So am I. Going to be broke soon as a result :P I would love to see what you pick!

      Delete
  6. It looks so pretty on you <3 great review

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so so good :) Colour looks fab :) Now i need it and i love your review and OMG you look so so pretty :) Haye :)
    annmakeupblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna *blushing furiously* I am such a sucker for these kind of colours no matter the season. I hope to return the compliment soon!

      Delete
  8. Now that's my kind of pink. Nice review and love the shade. I have these liquid lipsticks on my wishlist. Hope to try them soon IA. You look great Sadaf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! Eagerly awaiting your take on them and the chance to gawk on the rest of these awesome shades :D

      Delete
  9. The color payoff is great and it looks gorgeous on you. Lovely review :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowww its a gorgeous color .. n girl u r soooo pretty <3
    Makeupoholics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just had to have this shade. Thank you so much Sana :)

      Delete
  11. omg its so pretty i'm looking forwar to try this out thanks for sharing gorgrous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sorath :) Waiting to hear your thoughts on it!

      Delete
  12. Wah wah wah! So pretty! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon :) So good to see you. We get to see so little of you!

      Delete
  13. The formulation and lasting power sounds amazing! You look absolutely stunning wearing it! :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely shade..havent try this particular product but i totally love bourjois lip productss

    ReplyDelete
  15. never tried bourjois but this looks so pretty on you ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first time too. Now I am tempted to try out more :)

      Delete
  16. Great review and pretty shade. Don't forget to visit my blog. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena