Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Sunday 28 December 2014

Sleek MakeUp Blush in “Rose Gold” and “Pomegranate” – Review and Swatches


Hi pretty ladies! You must have noticed one after another blush post recently on our blog that’s because we have a fair blush collection. We have always been a huge fan of blushes especially when it comes to packaging, colour and texture. Did Sleek MakeUp blushes sustain our scrutiny in every aspect?

Product Claims

Sleek MakeUp Blushers are long lasting and highly pigmented available in a variety of finishes. Each shade glides on smoothly and enables you to create an array of stunning looks. Sleek MakeUp offer a wide range of shades to complement any skin tone, no matter the occasion.

Use a blusher brush or slanted contour brush to gently sweep blush across the apples of your cheeks, building up the colour to your desired finish.

What Do I Think?

The packaging of these blushes live up to the name “Sleek” very well: smooth, silky and feels high end, and they come with a built-in mirror too making it extremely travel-friendly. Talking about the texture of both these blushes, it is soft, smooth and blends very easily with any blush brush. Moreover, the shimmer is finely milled hence there is no fall out. One thing I have noticed about these blushes in particular as compared to the others I have used till date is that brush doesn’t pick up extra product which otherwise you would have to tap off before applying to your face hence there is less to no product wastage and more control over application. Regardless of this fact, they are buildable and stay for good 5 – 6 hours over primer and foundation with minimal fading.



Pomegranate

This is a deep berry blush with strong red undertones and very fine shimmer similar to its base colour. Its colour matches our natural flush therefore it will flatter most of skin tones. Since I have a medium skin tone (NC 25-30) and it does show up on me even if I apply it lightly therefore I like to sculpt my cheek bones with it instead of applying it on the apples, gives my face natural warmth.



Rose Gold

This blush has a neutral pink base colour and very fine and noticeable gold shimmer. Yes you read it right. I too had the idea of it being a warm blush, which it definitely is, but the base colour is not warm on its own. This is actually very genius of Sleek MakepUp; they combined a neutral colour with lots of gold shimmer to balance out the overall warmth. And because of very prominent shimmer it highlights as well. It will flatter medium to light skin tones as the neutral base colour may not show up on darker skin tones leaving its use as a highlighter only for them. Also, I wouldn’t recommend you wearing this blush without a primer if you have large pores as it may accentuate them due to obvious shimmer.



Price

$6.99 for 8g

Availability

You can buy them online from Sleek Makeup website, or Just4girls.pk (for Pakistan)

Pros

Super pigmented
Beautiful texture and colour range
No fallout
Blendable and buildable
Long lasting
Super fine shimmer
Highlight effect (Rose Gold)

Cons

Shimmer (if you prefer matte blushes)
Rose Gold may accentuate large pores

My Rating

4.5/5

Have you tried any of the Sleek Blushers?

Love,
Fizzah and Sadaf


Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

26 comments:

  1. The Rose Gold colour is pretty! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have rose gold and I love it :)
    Nice review dear!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both the shades.. Its time I should add some sleek blushers to my collection. Nice review <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always heard good stuff about the sleek blushes. Great review guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome! The best packaging I have seen so far

      Delete
  5. I have been dying to get my hands on Sleek Rose Gold but its always so expensive on fb pages.I wish i could get it for like 700pkr to phir mai le lu gi :p great post.nice swatches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pity Just4girls are not updating their stuff of these famous brands :/ I got these from there for 750 each..

      Delete
  6. Beautiful shades, i have recently ordered some stuff from their website it was great deal they were offering it included rose gold, now waiting desperately :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did they cost you for shipping? International shipping it would be, right?

      Delete
  7. Now i also have to get my paws dirty with some sleek brushes.haha.Need these now :) Loved your swatches ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like pomegranate better. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really tempted to get Pomegranate! Sleek blushes and contour kits look so promising! :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so tempting

    great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. and do you know that rose gold is a dupe of nars orgasm ... i own both and they both are almost same ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I know :) I forgot to mention in the post :) Thanks for reminding dear.

      Delete
  12. Sleek blushes have amazing pigmentation. I just noticed that rose gold looks just like Luscious Super Moisturizing Lipstick in Pink Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely shades!
    I love the sleek blushes <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely swatches. Esp rose gold. I own blush by 3 in lace n thats so far my best investment in blushes. Sleek is surely good at this department. Want to try their contour kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep these are my best investment too. I want to try out other stuff from Sleek too especially their lipsticks

      Delete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena