Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Saturday 22 November 2014

Essence Long Lasting Lipsticks – Review and Swatches



I thought of giving these lipsticks a try when I newly discovered my love for lipsticks and didn’t want to jump straight off to expensive ones. Why do I still use them? Read on.

Product Claims

Essence long lasting lipsticks provide your lips with intensive colour for several hours without drying them out. You’re sure to find whatever you’re looking for – from bright pink to intensive red and chilled-out berry to subtle nude shades. The essence logo on the texture and the matt, black packaging with a ring of colour to match the actual colour of the lipstick are true eye-catchers!




What Do I Think?

The packaging is a simple matte black casing with a coloured ring that matches the colour of the bullet which is quite convenient while looking for a specific colour (if you own many of these). I didn’t find the packaging to be cheap, not high-end of course but not cheap too, quite sturdy though. The formula is sheer but buildable which makes it quite fun to wear them as stains or with full coverage. These were my go-to-lipsticks during university days because these are lightweight and moisturizing, they neither bleed nor feel heavy on lips at all. I didn’t used to get much time to touch-up my lipstick while working in the lab and I could forget about that whenever I was wearing any of these. They do have a strong sweet fruity scent which lingers on and might make you uncomfortable depending on how sensitive you are to detect odours; I did not notice the scent to be annoying though. Now coming to the original claim, their lasting power. Yes they are long lasting, 4 – 5 hours without touch-ups. The best thing about these is that they fade evenly leaving a stain on the lips which stays for another 2 – 3 hours, pretty impressive right? I still use them whenever I want something very comfortable on my lips and I love them.



Coral Calling – Slightly Pinkish Coral


On The Catwalk – A Balanced Red-Purple Berry (This shade is very tricky, looks different on everyone depending upon how less or more pigmented your lips are. On darker skin tones it looks more subtle and on lighter skin tones it appears deeper)


Barely There – Rosewood Nude


Blush My Lips – Bright Pink-toned Berry


All You Need Is Red – Bright Neutral Red


Colour Crush – Bright Blue-toned Fuschia


Price PKR 490

Availability All stores with Essence Cosmetics Stand and online at Just4girls.pk.

Pros

Buildable
Moisturizing
Long Lasting
Good Pigmentation

Cons

Strong scent

My Rating 4/5

Have you tried this product yet, what do you think?

Love,
Fizzah and Sadaf


Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

31 comments:

  1. Loved your review :) need this lipstick in colour crush badly :) rushing to my nearest essence counter today ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Haha yes this one is really pretty :)

      Delete
  2. Hey awesome post! I'm going to do a lipstick swatch post soon but never done one so thanks for showing how it's done hehe ! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem dear :) Looking forward to yours too :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing collection. I have this lipstick in two shades, natural beauty and wear berries and I love both the shades... <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your swatches,'Blush my lips' and' All you need is red' are gorgeous shades :) Lovely post babe!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the colors are so beautiful... Thanks for this lovely review fizzah will definitly try the red one

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely colors, essence has such a reasonable products. Great effort with swatches from both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shades. Specially the pinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty shades! And you have a really nice blog. x

    http://ohmymascara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello
    you would like to participate in a drawing

    www.dayanesanttana.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are my new favorite for all the lovely lip swatches that you do :-) Thanks for sharing. This lipstick is so much better than the original essence lipstick formula! :-)
    I LOVE how Color Crush looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you so much Bia! Appreciate it coming from you (^_^)
      Yes this one's great :)

      Delete
  11. The formula looks so moisturizing.I know it is very hard to get proper pigmentation with this formula but this range has it all.All the colors look great and have such cool names.I would love to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to build them up for full coverage and they leave amazing stains :)

      Delete
  12. beautiful shades & what a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the most blush my lips :):)

    http://crossstitchandbracelets.blogspot.com/
    http://turystyka11.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely swatches yes I agree that strong scent also turned me off, I owned Coral calling :)

    ReplyDelete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena