Professional Makeup Artist | Organic Chemist | Educator

Thursday 12 March 2015

Color Studio Pro Blushes – Review & Swatches


Hello my blush-crazed beauties! Today I am very excited to share one of my favourite blush ranges of all times with you! Color Studio Pro blushes are among the first ones I ever tried so I wanted to get one of each basic shade. I got Pixie Pink, Natural Glow and Audacious Orange and later added Pinkify to my collection because it was just to pretty to ignore. I wanted the entire range but I found the last shade Havanna, loaded with a bit too much shimmer for my taste although the colour was great. Read on to discover why I love these blushes so much!


Product Claims

It is a velvety-smooth powder blush that enhances your natural beauty. Colour Studio Professional Pro Blush is a beauty essential suitable for every skin tone. Formulated for a long wearing cheek glow with a light weight application easily blends onto the skin. From matte to shimmer finishes, add an illuminating glow to your cheeks.

What Do I Think?

Okay, so for starters I am just so happy that the size and quantity is so great for the price. I know I sound cheap but this sort of generosity really pleases me. You get 13g of product for only 750PKR!  The packaging is pretty basic and I like that the lid is clear plastic allowing me to locate the shade I want easily as I have four of these. The product is pressed into a round black plastic base with a metallic pan and is quite sturdy and travel friendly. The cardboard box it comes packed in will be helpful for frequent travellers.

One swipe of my finger was enough to show me how pigmented these babies are. You don’t need much to begin with but you can build up the lighter colours if you wish. Even when I overdid the application for the face swatches, I found that I could easily remove the excess layer with a tissue paper without ruining my makeup. I was further impressed by the smooth silky texture that makes blending a piece of cake. The fallout is minimal and depends on what kind of brush you use and how you pick up the product. I suggest lightly swirling a rounded blush brush onto the pan’s surface because of the super soft texture of these blushes and tapping off the excess. In pleasant weather they lasted on my combination skin for around 4-5 hours before fading with just foundation underneath. Lasting power is similar for all and depends on heat, humidity, skin type and whether you are wearing foundation and setting powder underneath. The shimmer of Natural Glow and Audacious Orange is heavier and it remains on the skin even after the colour has faded away.      

Audacious Orange




This is an intense coral-orange shade with tons of micro-shimmer. It lights up the face with a gorgeous pop of colour on the cheeks and the shimmer adds glamour to any look. I prefer to use this for bold looks that lean towards coral, orange or peach or just for a fun everyday look keeping the eyes and lips simple.

Natural Glow




This is a light but by no means dull tan shade with micro shimmer that brightens up the face beautifully. This goes superbly with a heavy eye-bold lip look or a no-make up look because it just adds a hint of neutral colour to the cheeks along with a natural radiance. I would recommend this to pale-medium skinned ladies as a blush as it is readily buildable. Dark beauties will love it a pocket friendly highlighter I believe.

Pixie Pink




This is a delicate peachy-pink shade almost like a muted coral. There are scattered fine shimmery bits in the pan that serve to add a slight glow to the cheeks. It is a chameleon colour that appears peachier when I combine it with a peachy-coral look and pinker with pink lipstick, etc.

Pinkify




This is a bright red-toned pink that appears as a beautiful rosy pink on my cheeks. There is barely noticeable shimmer the pan, which doesn’t really show up on my cheeks. I love to use this to add a flush of colour to a neutral look or just compliment a pink-oriented look.

All in all these blushes are a great addition to any makeup collection and are very suitable for beginners and compliment a number of skin tones and looks.

Price

PKR 750 each

Availability

Major departmental stores across Pakistan or online from Color Studio Professional Pakistan.

Pros

Soft texture
Excellent blending power
Highly pigmented
Minimal fallout
Great quantity for the price
Sturdy packaging
Easily available in Pakistan

Cons

It is not particularly long wearing as the claim says
Contains parabens

My Rating

4/5

Have you tried any of the Color Studio Pro blushes?

Love,
Sadaf


Disclaimer: This is a personal blog edited by its owners and the opinions expressed here belong solely to its owner's. For questions and queries please email at thepoutpainter@gmail.com

32 comments:

  1. All the shades are lovely and they sound great for the price. Natural Glow looks pretty for casual wear. All the shades are looking lovely on you! :)

    Momina Haseeb | ๑ Divine Smudge ๑

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love them all! Yes Natural Glow surprises me everytime :) Thank you

      Delete
    2. What I'm actually interested in is the lip colours you are wearing in the above pictures. Could you please tell me which ones are these? The colour looks really pretty

      Delete
    3. I think I am wearing only one which is Makeup Academy tinted balm in a coral shade

      Delete
  2. Nice swatches.. I so wanna try audacious orange now. Looks perfect for spring..

    ReplyDelete
  3. natural glow and pixie pink are really pretty.on my wish list now.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some gorgeous shades and you did great review and swatches :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! Thank you. We are so impressed with the improving work quality all you guys show :)

      Delete
  5. I wanted them allbutvthe counter I went to had only one pixie pink and i love it! Want to get them all now. Great post and all of them look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry :) They are so collectable :D

      Delete
    2. I went to colour studio to chk out these blushes after reading your blog. But they don't have any of these shades. Could you tell me where I can these now or maybe dupes of the same shades

      Delete
    3. Yes their blushes now come in much smaller packaging and a bigger price tag. These old ones might be available as old stock somewhere but I cannot be sure

      Delete
  6. Adacious oange and pixie pink looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love audacious Orange! Looks lovely on you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. they all look gorgeous on you!!! I am loving how you swatched the products on your arms then showed how they looked on the skin, love it! xoxo-C www.cdelbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Gosh I have the same scars on my cheek as you :-P Love all the shades! Natural Glow has to be my favorite. I wanted these but they were out of stock so I got a blush from their other line and love it! Lovely pictures ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JayBee :) Oh poor you! My janglee cousins didn't like sharing their toys :P

      Delete
  10. Are you both sisters, cousins or friends? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent review. I want to buy all the blushes from this range especially I have my eyes set on Audacious Orange. I own Havana which is a very pretty shade, you should try that one too.

    themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love Audacious Orange to bits! I did swatch Havanna and found the shimmer too heavy for my liking unfortunately :(

      Delete
  12. I have pinkify and I want audacious orange! These blushes are great for the price as the amount you get is a lot! Great swatches babe! :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect. You have shown all kinds of swatches. I really wanna try natural glow now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely swatches. Color studio blushes are great for everyday.

    ReplyDelete

© Fizzah Iqbal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena